Friday 5 November 2010

Barry M

Okay, so I've been reading a lot of reviews on Barry M Instant Nail Effects polish on quite a few Blogs and thought I would give it a go :)

I love painting my nails and doing different designs and patterns but unfortunately due to my job I can't have my nails painted, massive sad face :( Although I do sneakily put clear polish on so my nails don't feel too bare!

The Barry M website says 'Instant Nail Effects is a simple to use nail paint that creates this amazing effect on your nails in one simple stroke. Or play around with it to create different effects' (www.barrym.com)
There's also a quick tutorial video which shows you the best way to use it. I bought mine from the Barry M range at Boots for £3.49, although it says it is sold out on the website I'm sure you can still get it from places like Boots and Superdrug :)

So, all you have to do is paint your nails with your chosen colour (I've picked Topshop's Pillar Box Red) let them dry then apply a single coat of the Nail Effect over the top, trying not to overlap with each stroke. I found this bit quite tricky as I don't have the biggest nails and I'm not the neatest so trying not to overlap the strokes did prove difficult, but I got there in the end! The polish itself is quite thick and gloopy so isn't the easiest to apply but once it's on as soon as it dries the patter quickly starts to appear. And because of the way the pattern forms it doesn't have to be applied perfectly, good for messy nail painters like me ;)

DSCN1491

Finished result (sorry about the rubbish quality, the light in my house is shockingly bad!)

DSCN1501

Hm...I'm not so sure if I like it or not :s Maybe after a practise and I've got it right then I might start liking it! What do you all think? Anybody else tried it? I'd love to hear some reviews :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks good to me better than I could do I am totally useless at doing nails and growing them lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...I've tried everything to stop me biting my nails and they just don't work!

    But thanks, I think I'm finally getting the hang of it :) xx

    ReplyDelete